Some cables are produced for data communication and automation. There is also a wide range of cables that are for industrial settings. Every installation differs in requirements. However, they do have some factors in common, such as the actuators, control units, and sensors that are crucial for a steady operation. Aside from that, the mechanical and chemical properties are also essential factors that make or break any industrial application.
Here are the seven most used industrial cable types that you can find from a reliable cable supplier in Singapore.
- PUR cables – These are durable and very flexible cables that are distinguished by their long-lasting flexibility and a requirement for machine tools. PUR cables have good mechanical strength and strong resistance to oil and chemical agents. Because of this, they can well handle the industrial’s commonly occurring wear and tear.
- PVC cables – PVC cables are some of the most commonly used instrumentation cable types. They are designed to be used in areas with moderate mechanical stress, which is why they are widely used in food manufacturing plants. Because of their medium mechanical strength, these cables offer good resistance to various chemical agents.
- PUR A cables – PUR A cables are a good substitute for irradiated PUR cables. They have mechanical strength and are resistant to oils and chemicals. They are also flame-retardant, making them the preferred cable for the automotive industry. Aside from that, PUR A cables are more recyclable than irradiated sheathings.
- PUR U cables – These cables are very flexible with UL approval. This is why PUR U cables are preferred whenever operating conditions are quite harsh, such as drag chains and rotary tables. Additionally, these cables have very high mechanical strength and are fire- and oil-resistant. Typical applications of PUR U cables include plant engineering, machine tool manufacturing, assembly lines, and production lines.
- STOOW cables – STOOW cables are powerful PVC compounds that are heavy-gauge conductors and offer a durable jacket. They are resistant to oils and chemical agents, too. As they are used for AC sensor connectivity, they have a rating that leads up to 600 V and an availability of 7/8 inch connectors.
- PUR OD cable sheathings – The PUR OD cable sheathings are very tough, which is why they are used in outdoor applications for an array of temperatures, from -50◦C to +105◦C. They are also used in the mobile equipment field. They are UL-approved cables that have a large amount of mechanical strength and are resistant to UV light, flame, seawater, diesel, and oil.
- POC cables – These are the cables you want to use in areas exposed to occasional welding sparks or in the immediate vicinity of the process. POC cables are sheathed cables with extreme mechanical strength, can withstand hot welding slag, and are resistant to 150◦C continuous operating temperatures. Because of this, they are prevalent in the automotive, steel, and weld cell industries.
Now that you know the different types of cables for industrial use, you will be able to make a sound decision when selecting the correct cable type for a particular application. At Cable Source, we can help you make the right choice today. We are a leading cable company in Singapore that stocks and distributes cables for industrial, petrochemical, marine, offshore, and oil and gas use. Get in touch with us today for more information.